Tell us your vision for the arts in South Australia
Some issues and themes you may choose to consider:
1. AMBITION: - What three or four words or phrases resonate with you that describe or imagine the future of the arts industries in South Australia?
2. FIRST NATIONS ARTS AND CULTURE: - How do we reinforce existing stories, or tell a new story about first nations’ arts and culture – about the past and our journey together into the future? What is that story for you?
3. PRIORITY AREAS AND OUTCOMES: - What are priority areas for you? What should we do differently to grow and drive increased sustainability across the arts in South Australia? How do you simply and briefly define SA’s role in the Australian arts sector? What are some opportunities in the future?
4. GOVERNMENT AND GOVERNANCE: - What is the role of government (funding, advocate, investor, regulator, facilitator)? How should it achieve the objectives of this role(s)?
5. AUDIENCE AND ACCESS: - What are some of the key issues and opportunities for South Australia across the following areas: • Diversity • Audience engagement • Rural and remote community participation and access • Corporate participation and support • Philanthropic support and investment for social impact?
6. INDUSTRY AND INNOVATION: - What can be done through the arts sector to: • cultivate skills including entrepreneurial and innovation across business and industry • increase tourism • harness the opportunities of digital technology • enhance creative spaces and places • increase the importance and role of the creative industries in driving the economy • establish an industry and “point of difference” for South Australia?
7. EMBEDDING ARTS AND CULTURE: - We talk about “integration and embedding the arts across government and into everyday life" - what do you see as the main opportunities and challenges to such pathways?
8. ECOLOGY: - Any “ecology” has many parts that are interdependent or may rely on each other for survival, growth and increased sustainability. What are some key issues of the South Australian arts and cultural ecology that could be strengthened to increase overall vibrancy and sustainability? What are the “disrupters” that will emerge and may impact a future ecology? Some components of an arts ecology may include the following segments: • Education • Emerging artists • Mid-career artists • Established artists • Small to medium companies • Larger companies • Venues and other infrastructure • Collecting institutions, museums and galleries • Festivals.
9. FINAL THOUGHTS: - What are the three key things you wish to happen from this Plan?
You can either respond to some of these themes and question, or simply tell us your own ideas and and 'arts story'.
Join in the discussion below.