This online engagement was hosted on YourSAy from 14 October to 28 October 2019. Find out more about the consultation process. Below is a record of the engagement.
Why is the new business case being developed?
The State Government is committed to ensuring the Barossa community has the health services it needs. To that end, the Government has funded the development of a business case to investigate the need for and viability of a new hospital as a hub for health services in the Barossa.
The Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network (BHFLHN) will lead the development of the business case.
Potential benefits of building a new hospital include:
- Enabling new service types, new models of care and more patient-centred services
- Ensuring facilities continue to meet higher safety and quality standards
- Expanding capacity to meet increased demand for existing service types
- Replacing assets to avoid increasingly high infrastructure sustainment costs
- Delivering cost efficiencies through higher occupancy, improved ward configurations and economies of scale
- Reducing pressure on the SA Ambulance Service (SAAS), Gawler Health Service and metropolitan hospitals
- Supporting more sustainable workforce arrangements.
All feedback received from the community and stakeholders will be considered for the development of the Barossa Hospital Business Case. Go to our Get Involved tab to give your feedback.