Help update the Volunteering Strategy for South Australia so it reflects your experiences and supports your efforts.
What’s being decided?
Since 2014, our Volunteering Strategy for South Australia 2014-2020 (the Strategy) has coordinated and helped to grow the sector. Approximately 70% of South Australians freely donate their time and efforts to volunteer initiatives, contributing approximately $5 billion to our economy every year.
The Strategy is now being updated (for release in early 2021) with a key focus on making sure that volunteering in South Australia is positive and safe, for all of us.
We want to make sure that the updated strategy:
- reflects your experiences and better supports your volunteering efforts;
- identifies and establishes the best ways to help prevent conflict;
- establishes ways to resolve issues simply and effectively, where conflict can't be avoided.
This will ensure that volunteers can get back to doing what they love most and that organisations can continue to enjoy the many benefits volunteers bring.
We want to hear from you about your experiences with volunteering, particularly:
- what your volunteering experience has been like
- what a positive and safe experience looks like when volunteering
- the nature of any issues you may have encountered
- your ideas for how conflicts could be avoided or resolved into the future.
To have your say:
- join the online discussion
- complete the online survey:
- send us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Your survey participation and answers will be completely anonymous.
How can your input influence the decision?
Your input will inform what the sector needs to put in place to manage conflict and ensure volunteering is a positive and safe experience.
Understanding what contributes to a positive and negative volunteering experience, will help to better support volunteers and the organisations that work with them, and to grow the sector in South Australia.
What are the next steps?
Your feedback will be reviewed by an independent researcher and the findings reflected in a report.
This report will be presented to the Volunteering Strategy for South Australia Working Group and will inform the best mechanisms to support safe and positive volunteering.
For general enquiries, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 1300 014 712 during business hours (9 am to 5 pm, weekdays).
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 22 January 2021
Upcoming key dates
Fri, 22 Jan 2021 at 5:00 PM