Help us develop a simpler, modern and more effective legislative framework for biosecurity in South Australia
What’s being decided?
We are proposing to develop a new, consolidated Biosecurity Act for South Australia. The purpose of the new Act will be to protect South Australia from pests and diseases that are economically significant, threaten our land and aquatic environments or may affect public amenities, community activities and infrastructure.
- strengthen our biosecurity framework
- develop modern legislation
- bring consistency to the management of biosecurity across all industries
- drive down red-tape costs
- seek opportunities to build a better, more cohesive biosecurity system for the State’s future growth.
Have your say and contribute to the draft Act and future management and protection of South Australia’s primary industries, environment and community.
Read the below resources, which will help you understand what the new Act is intended to do:
The Consultation Summary gives a general summary of the proposed approach.
The Technical Directions Paper details the proposed approached, including the proposed reforms, key concepts, and principles.
Information about the proposed approach to a new Biosecurity Act is also available on the PIRSA website.
Have your say by:
- joining the online discussion
- completing the online survey
- registering for one of our webinars
- emailing your feedback to PIRSA.email@example.com
mailing your feedback to
Biosecurity Act Project - Office of the Chief Executive
c\o- GPO Box 1671
ADELAIDE SA 5001
- requesting a meeting or presentation to be held in your region – contact us on the details below
Please note: Your submissions and survey responses may be made publicly available unless you indicate on the submission or survey that you wish for these to remain confidential. Any responses that are made on a confidential basis may still be subject to access under Freedom of Information laws.
How can your input influence the decision?
Feedback from the engagement process will be collated and provided to the project team to inform the drafting of the new Biosecurity Act.
What are the next steps?
Feedback from public consultation will inform the drafting of a new Biosecurity Act for South Australia, which will be made available on this site for further consultation in 2021.
- GPO Box 1671, ADELAIDE SA 5001
- Biosecurity Act project officer Jen Barwick - 0476 849 274
Closing date: 5pm Tuesday 24 November 2020
Upcoming key dates
Tue, 24 Nov 2020 at 5:00 PM